- 1 whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup thick yoghurt for marinade
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20 gm butter
- 1 onion thickly sliced
- 200 gm tomato paste
- 1 cup extra yoghurt
- ½ cup cream
- Salt to taste
1. Place thick yoghurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder in a dish. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Cover. Keep aside for 2 hours.
2. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
3. Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat (by slightly opening the
SuperSaver air regulator). Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add chicken mixture to pan.
4. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken just starts to change colour. Add tomato paste and extra yoghurt then cover. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low (by almost closing the
SuperSaver air regulator).
5. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and mixture has thickened. Adjust seasoning. Stir in cream.
6. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until heated through.
7. Serve with rice and see your family enjoy and want more!
MORE SUPERCHEF RECIPES
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/envirofitorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 175