- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2-3 garlic clove, minced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons creole spice
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1¾ cups coconut milk
- 2 cups of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small bay leaves
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2¼ cups chicken broth or water
- 1 whole chilli pepper
- Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
- Wash rice until water runs clear. Drain water.
- Heat a saucepan with oil. Then add onions, garlic, thyme and chilli pepper, sauté for about a minute.
- Stir in rice to the pan, followed by beans for about 2 minutes, then add coconut milk, bay leaves, creole spice and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, by slightly closing the SuperSaver air regulator. Cover with a lid and simmer until rice is cooked, about 20 minutes or more. Stir occasionally to prevent rice burning and add more water if needed.
- Adjust for salt and pepper and discard bay leaves.
- Serve warm to your family and enjoy!
MORE SUPERCHEF RECIPES
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/envirofitorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 175