- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shelled dried maize (muthokoi)
- 2 cup black beans (njahi)
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
Chopped fresh cilantro (dhania)
1. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
2. In a deep skillet, combine vegetable stock, water, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir in maize, beans and red pepper.
3. Cover and cook on low heat (by closing the SuperSaver air regulator) for 3 to 4 hours or until maize, beans and sweet potatoes are tender. Once tender lightly mash, and sprinkle in the dhania.
4. Serve with lime wedges to family and friends and see them enjoy and want more!