• 3 cups pre-boiled ndengu (green grams)
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 2 beef stock cubes
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 teaspoon grated ginger
• 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
• ½ teaspoon cumin powder
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ¾ cup water
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 2 carrots, cubed & pre-boiled
• Few coriander leaves for garnish
1. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
2. Heat oil over medium heat by slightly closing the SuperSaver air regulator in a saucepan and fry onions until light brown.
Add ginger & garlic paste continue frying while stirring for 2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and all the spice powders; cook until the tomatoes turn mushy.
4. Add the pre-boiled green grams and pre-boiled carrots. Crumble in the beef stock cubes. Add water and stir well.
5. Cover pot and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste & adjust the seasoning. Garnish with coriander leaves.
6. Serve with hot with chapati or rice and see your family enjoy and want more!