• 1 kg beef mince
• 2 onions peeled and finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cups water
• 4 large carrots peeled and chopped fine
• 3 potatoes peeled and finely cubed
• 1 ½ tablespoons tomato sauce
• 1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 9 teaspoons curry powder
• 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1 ½ teaspoons flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups fruit chutney
• ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
1. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
2. Slightly close the SuperSaver air regulator to reduce heat. Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion with the garlic.
3. Add the mince to pan, brown and add a cup full of water.
4. Cook the meat for about 10 minutes with the lid on, giving it a mix every now and then and making sure the meat has a little water in it. Don’t let the meat cook dry.
5. Add the potatoes and carrots, add more water if needed, and cook for another 10 minutes with the lid on, until the potatoes and carrots feel soft.
6. In a mixing bowl combine the tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, curry powder, turmeric, flour, salt and chutney. Give it a good mix.
7. Add the mixture to the mince and mix through. Lower heat by completely closing the SuperSaver air regulator and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
8. Serve with rice to your family and see them enjoy and want more!