•1 litre vegetable oil for frying
•1 teaspoon sachet instant yeast
•½ teaspoon sugar
•1 cup water
•¼ cup flour
•1 tablespoon dark rum
•½ teaspoon cider vinegar
•Salt and pepper to taste
• 4 small tilapia fillets
1. Mix the yeast, sugar and water together in a large bowl.
2. Add the flour, rum and vinegar with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Leave to the side for 3 minutes.
3. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
4. Dip the tilapia fillets into the batter and make sure they’re fully coated then place in the hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Remove with a metal slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain.
5. Sprinkle with salt and serve to your family and see them enjoy and want more!