•450 gm dry pasta
•1 tablespoon salt
•4 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
•6 tablespoons (90 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
•Cherry tomatoes (1 litre)
•Basil leaves, roughly chopped (about 1 cup; 30 gm)
•Freshly ground black pepper
•Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
2. Place pasta in a large skillet over high heat by completely opening the air regulator and cover with water and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until it is cooked. Remove and place it aside.
3. Using the same SuperSaver Jiko, heat garlic and 4 tablespoons (60ml) olive oil in another skillet over medium heat by slightly closing the SuperSaver air regulator, stirring frequently, until garlic is softened but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until
tomatoes begin to burst. You can help them along by pressing on them with the back of a wooden spoon as they soften.
4. Continue to cook until sauce is rich and creamy, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Add pasta to sauce and increase heat to medium-high by slightly opening the SuperSaver air regulator. Cook, stirring and tossing constantly and adding reserved pasta water as necessary to adjust consistency to a nice,
creamy flow. Remove from heat, stir in remaining 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil and grate in a generous shower of parmesan cheese.
6.Serve to your family with an extra parmesan at the table and see them enjoy and want more!