• 600 g mixed mushrooms
• 1 onion
• 2 sticks of celery
• 3 cloves of garlic
• A few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
• A few sprigs of fresh thyme
• 1.5 litres organic chicken or vegetable stock
• 75 ml single cream
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Brush the mushrooms clean, then finely slice.
2. Peel and finely slice the onion, celery and garlic, then pick the parsley, finely chopping the stalks. Pick the thyme leaves.
3. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
4. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat (by slightly closing the SuperSaver air regulator), add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley stalks, thyme leaves and mushrooms, pop the lid on and cook gently until softened.
5. Spoon out 4 tablespoons of mushrooms, and keep for later.
6. Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil over a medium heat, (turn the heat down to low by closing the air regulator) and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
8. Pour in the cream and bring just back to the boil.
9. Spoon the soup into bowls, garnish with the chopped parsley and remaining mushrooms.
10. Serve and see your family enjoy and want more!