•1.5 kg potatoes (peeled, washed, chopped)
•500 gm peas
•1 cup shelled maize (about 250 gm)
•Salt to taste
•3 tablespoons butter
•Spinach (3 bunches)
1. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
2. In a sauce pot, combine peas and maize and boil together for about 30 to 40 minutes over high heat (leave the SuperSaver air regulator completely open to achieve high heat).
3. Once maize and peas are soft, drain water and set aside.
4. Next boil the potatoes till soft and cooked through (about 20 min of boiling)
5. Blend the spinach with ½ cup of water to achieve a thick puree and set aside.
6. Drain and mash the potatoes
7. In a big sauce pot, combine all 3 starches, spinach puree and salt to taste. Add butter and mash until well combined (the maize will still remain whole and intact, which is what you need).
8. Enjoy the mukimo with rich meat stew with your family and see them enjoy and want more!