•Yams: as much as you can eat
•Salt to taste
1. Peel and cut the yams into 2 cm rectangular discs. Make several cuts across the discs to get large chips. Wash the yam chips and place in a bowl.
2. Add a little salt and toss the contents to distribute the salt.
3. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
4. Place the frying pan on the jiko and pour the vegetable oil in it. When the oil is heated, add a few yam chips, leaving enough room for flipping the chips.
5. Stir the chips till they have turned golden.
6. Remove the chips and place in paper towels to absorb the oil.
7. Fry the rest of the chips following steps 5 and 6.
8. Serve and see your family enjoy and want more!