• 2 very ripe, sweet plantains
• 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
• Salt (optional)
1. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat by slightly closing the SuperSaver air regulator.
3. Peel plantains and cut into ½ inch thick slices. Add to the frying pan.
4. Cook on each side until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the oil into a plate covered with a paper towel to remove excess grease. Sprinkle with a little salt, if desired.
5. Serve warm as a side dish or appetizer to your family and see them want more!