1-2 kg chicken cut in pieces
•1 can tomato paste
•4-5 tomatoes, diced
•1 medium onion sliced
•4-5 garlic cloves, grated
•1½ teaspoons dried thyme
•1 teaspoon chopped ginger
•1 teaspoon smoked paprika
•¼ cup parsley
•2-3 large basil leaves
•2 chicken stock cubes with two cups water to make stock
•2 green onions chopped whites and green parts
•1 small bell pepper sliced
•Salt and pepper to taste
1. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Blend tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, parsley and basil leaves.
4. Pour the tomato blend into a large saucepan, add tomato paste, paprika, thyme, and pepper with about 2 cups of chicken stock or water. Bring to a boil, and let it simmer stirring occasionally, for about 20 to 30 minutes.
5. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat by slightly closing the SuperSaver air regulator. Add the chicken and sauté stirring frequently to scrape off any browned bits at the bottom of the pot, until chicken is brown. Add bell pepper to the pot of stew. Cook for about 5 to10 minutes.