•2 cups coconut milk
•2 cups rice
•1 cup water
•2 stock cubes (chicken or beef)
•Salt to taste
•Curry, thyme and nutmeg mixed together (½ teaspoon each)
•2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
•½ medium onion (chopped)
•1 cup mixed vegetables
•1 large green pepper – chopped
1. Light your Envirofit SuperSaver Charcoal Jiko using little charcoal.
2. Open the SuperSaver air regulator to achieve high heat. Place a pot on the jiko and add in the coconut milk, water, salt, curry, thyme, nutmeg and one stock cube. Combine. Cover the pot until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
3. Slightly close SuperSaver air regulator to reduce heat. Add in the rice. Let it simmer until rice is cooked and there is no more liquid in the rice. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large skillet, add the chopped onions, green pepper, stock cube and mixed vegetable. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add in already cooked rice. Combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Simmer for 1 to 2 more minutes.
6. Serve to your family and see them enjoy and want more!